Midjourney AI, a Discord bot that enables you build wonderful images with simple language instructions, is a fun and easy method to create stunning images with artificial intelligence. OpenAI’s DALL-E, a neural network that can generate visuals from any text description, powers Midjourney AI. Midjourney AI may be used to create memes, logos, portraits, landscapes, cartoons, and more. In this article, we will show you how to use Midjourney AI on Discord and some of the cool things you can do with it.
In this article, we will show you how to use Midjourney AI on Discord and give you some tips and tricks for getting the best results. But first, let’s take a look at what Midjourney AI is and how it works.
What is Midjourney AI?
Midjourney AI is one of the many AI image generators that have emerged recently. Unlike Dall-E 2 or some of its other competitors, Midjourney AI offers a more dream-like arty style to your requests. It will likely appeal to those working within science-fiction literature or artwork that requires a more gothic feel. Midjourney AI uses deep learning and neural networks to create artwork based on images and videos. It can even generate art from scratch with no input images. The results are stunning and can be tailored to any aesthetic, from abstract to realistic.
How to Access Midjourney AI on Discord
- Create a Discord account: You can create a Discord account for free. After creating an account, you’ll need to confirm your email address.
- Join the Midjourney Discord server: After creating a Discord account and verifying your email address, you may join the Midjourney Discord server by doing the following:
- Go to the Midjourney Discord server.
- Click the “Join” button.
- Log in with your Discord account.
- Subscribe to a Midjourney plan: Midjourney offers three subscription plans:
- Basic Plan: $8 per month
- Standard Plan: $24 per month
- Pro Plan: $48 per month
- Mega Plan: $96 per month
- You can subscribe to a plan by going to the Midjourney website signing in with your Discord account.
How to Use Midjourney AI on Discord
To generate images with Midjourney after subscribing to a plan, simply enter the following command in any Discord channel: Just type “/imagine” followed by a text description of what you want Midjourney to create.
/imagine [your prompt]
For example, to generate an image of a cat wearing a hat, you would type the following command:
/imagine cat wearing a hat
When you give the Midjourney bot your prompt, it will begin generating a picture for you. You have the option to alter and download the generated picture according on your needs.
Please keep in mind that the Midjourney bot may take some time to process and present you with the results. It often creates four alternative images depending on the given prompt, providing a variety of aesthetic possibilities.
When you initially use Midjourney, you will begin a free trial period of around 25 image generations. A premium account subscription is required for continuing use of Midjourney. You can use the “/info” command on the Midjourney Discord server to keep track of your trial progress.
How to Get the Most Out of Midjourney
To obtain results from Midjourney, using it for AI art creation requires more than just inputting your desired outcome and expecting the art bot to understand your intentions magically. Instead, there are several approaches available to ensure you get the precise results you seek from Midjourney’s AI art generation capabilities.
The simplest way to guide Midjourney in generating AI art is by using the buttons located below the generated image. These buttons serve different purposes. The “U” buttons allow you to upscale the corresponding image, with each button corresponding to a specific image in the grid. Clicking on these buttons enhances the resolution of the image, which is useful when you want to improve the quality of a particularly beautiful artwork.
Below the “U” buttons, you’ll find the “V” buttons, which work in a similar way as the “U” buttons but focus on creating variations of the selected image. These variations maintain the overall structure and style of the chosen image. This option is useful when Midjourney produces an image that is similar to what you want but not quite perfect.
Additionally, there is a “redo” button that repeats the same prompt but generates entirely new results. You can use this button as many times as you like to refine your preferences when you’re already close to achieving the desired outcome.
To obtain desirable results from Midjourney, it’s crucial to master the art of crafting effective prompts. If you aim to generate the finest AI art through Midjourney, it’s important to provide it with the appropriate information.
When formulating your prompt, you can specify desired art styles, colors, or themes to guide Midjourney’s creative process. It seems that Midjourney tends to yield better responses when these details are separated by commas. For instance, if you have a particular art style in mind, make sure to include it in your prompt along with other relevant preferences.
To enhance the quality of results from Midjourney, you have the option to include parameters in your prompt. Midjourney offers a variety of parameter options that allow you to fine-tune the output of your AI art.
For instance, if you have specific size requirements for your image, you can utilize the aspect parameter. By default, Midjourney generates square images, which may not be ideal if you intend to use the AI art as your desktop background. The aspect parameter enables you to instruct Midjourney to generate art that matches the resolution of your computer, ensuring a more suitable outcome.
How to generate images with Midjourney AI using slash commands
Now that you have access to Midjourney AI, you can start generating images with it using slash commands. Here are some of the most common slash commands you can use:
- /generate: This is the main command for generating images from text prompts. You can type anything after /generate, such as keywords, modifiers, parameters, references, styles, or masks. For example, /generate a cat wearing sunglasses.
- /edit: This command allows you to edit existing images by changing colors, adding or removing elements, applying filters, and more. You can type anything after /edit, such as keywords, modifiers,parameters, references, styles, or masks. For example, /edit change the sky to purple. You can also use /edit on the last image you generated by typing /edit last.
- /upscale: This command allows you to upscale low-resolution images by enhancing details and quality. You can type a number after /upscale to specify the scaling factor, such as 2x, 4x, or 8x. For example, /upscale 4x. You can also use /upscale on the last image you generated by typing /upscale last.
- /download: This command allows you to download your images in various formats and sizes. You can type a format after /download, such as jpg, png, gif, or webp. For example, /download png. You can also type a size after the format, such as 512, 1024, or 2048. For example, /download png 1024. You can also use /download on the last image you generated by typing /download last.
To generate images with Midjourney AI using slash commands, you need to go to one of the generation rooms (called things like #generate-1 and #generate-2). Type your slash command in the message field, and hit enter or return. Midjourney AI will start generating your image and show you a progress bar. When the image is ready, it will appear in the chat channel.
You can also use slash commands in direct messages with Midjourney AI. Just click on Midjourney AI’s name in the channel list and type your slash command in the message field.
Tips and tricks for getting the best results with Midjourney AI
Midjourney AI is a powerful and versatile tool that can generate amazing images with just a few words. However, it also has some limitations and quirks that you need to be aware of. Here are some tips and tricks for getting the best results with Midjourney AI:
How to use keywords, modifiers, and parameters
To generate images, use keywords that describe what you want, like “cat”, “mountain”, or “spaceship”. You can add more details by using modifiers like color (red), size (big), shape (round), texture (furry), or emotion (happy). Combine multiple keywords and modifiers for more complex images.
- If you want variations of the same prompt, use the “seed” parameter followed by a number between 0 and 9999.
- To change the aspect ratio of the output image, use the “width” or “height” parameter followed by a number between 64 and 512.
- If you want to adjust the quality of the generated image, use the “quality” parameter followed by a number between 0 and 100. Higher numbers mean better quality but slower generation time.
- You can use multiple parameters together to customize your images further.
Example: “cat wearing sunglasses red big happy seed 1234 width 256 height 256 quality 80”
How to use references, styles, and masks
You can use images as references, styles, or masks to influence the generated images.
- References: These are images that you can use to generate images similar to them. For example, you can use a photo of a person as a reference to generate a portrait of them in a different style or setting. Simply type the image URL after the keyword “reference.”
- Styles: These are images that you can use to apply their style or aesthetic to the generated images. For instance, you can use a painting as a style to make the generated image look like a painting. Just type the image URL after the keyword “style.”
- Masks: These are images that you can use to define the shape or outline of the generated images. For example, you can use a silhouette as a mask to generate an image that fills in the silhouette with details and colors. Just type the image URL after the keyword “mask.”
How to avoid common errors and limitations
Here’s a simplified version of the common errors and limitations you may encounter while using Midjourney AI and how to address them:
- Blurry or Distorted Images: If the image appears blurry, noisy, or distorted, it could be due to a vague or contradictory prompt. To improve the image quality, use clear and consistent prompts or increase the quality parameter.
- Unexpected or Unwanted Images: If the generated image is not what you expected or wanted, it might be due to an ambiguous or unrealistic prompt. To get better results, use clear and realistic prompts, or try changing the seed parameter.
- Incomplete or Cut-Off Images: If the image is incomplete or cut off, the width or height parameter may be too small, or the prompt may be too large for the output size. Adjust the width or height parameter or simplify the prompt to fit the desired output.
- Blank or Black Images: Blank or black images might occur due to prompt syntax errors or issues with reference, style, or mask URLs. Check and correct the prompt syntax or use different URLs for references, styles, or masks.
- Long Generation Time or Failure: If image generation takes too long or fails, it could be due to high server demand or technical issues. Wait for a few minutes and try again, or contact Midjourney AI’s support team for assistance.
Remember, while Midjourney AI is powerful, it’s not perfect, so refining your prompts and being patient can help you get the best possible results.
Features of Midjourney AI
- It can generate images from text prompts, keywords, modifiers, parameters, references, styles, and masks.
- It can edit existing images by changing colors, adding or removing elements, applying filters, and more.
- It can upscale low-resolution images by enhancing details and quality.
- It can download images in various formats and sizes.
Also Read: How to Use Midjourney V5.2 zoom out feature
In this article, we have shown you how to generate amazing images with Midjourney AI on Discord. Midjourney AI is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that can create realistic and artistic images based on your text or voice commands. You can use Midjourney AI to generate images for fun, inspiration, education, or any other purpose you can think of. We hope you found this article helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.