Have you ever wanted to create a unique image in seconds by just typing in a concept? If yes, then you might be interested in the new tool launched by Getty Images, one of the largest suppliers of stock images, editorial photos, videos and music. The tool is called Generative AI by Getty Images, and it is powered by NVIDIA Picasso, a custom machine learning model that can generate images from text prompts.
In this article, we will explain what this tool is, how it works, what are its benefits and limitations, and how you can access and use it. Underlying model will be compensated. Getty will also share revenues generated from the tool with contributors whose content was used to train the AI generator. The model was trained on a portion of Getty’s vast library of stock content.
What is Generative AI by Getty Images?
Generative AI by Getty Images is a new tool that lets you create images using Getty’s library of licensed photos. You can use text prompt-to-image generation to describe the image that you want to see, and the tool will generate visuals relevant to those prompts that can be used across your creative process, from ideation to execution.
The tool is trained exclusively on a best-in-class creative content and data from its creative library, which includes premium content and a variety of themes, styles, and perspectives. The tool also provides you with full commercial indemnification, which means that you are protected against any legal issues arising from the use of the generated images.
How does it Work?
Generative AI by Getty Images is powered by NVIDIA Picasso, a custom machine learning model that uses generative adversarial networks (GANs) to create images from text prompts. GANs are a type of neural network that consist of two components: a generator and a discriminator. The generator tries to create realistic images from random noise or text inputs, while the discriminator tries to distinguish between real and fake images.
The generator and the discriminator compete with each other, improving their performance over time. NVIDIA Picasso was trained exclusively using the high-quality content and data from its creative library, which contains over 477 million assets. This ensures that the generated images are commercially safe, diverse, and impactful.
How to use Getty Images AI Image Generator
Generative AI by Getty Images is currently available by request only. To access the AI Image Generator, simply request a demo via the form on their website. A demo is a prerequisite for using the tool. Once you have been granted access, you can follow these steps:
- Go to the Getty Images website and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Generative AI” tab.
- Enter a text prompt in the “Describe the image you’d like to generate” field.
- Select the desired image style from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Generate” button.
What are the Benefits of using it?
AI Image Generator is a powerful tool that can be used to create high-quality images for a variety of purposes. It is especially beneficial for businesses and marketers who need to create a lot of visual content quickly and efficiently. Generative AI by Getty Images offers several benefits for customers who need to create visuals for their projects. Some of these benefits are:
- Commercially safe: The tool is trained only on Getty Images’ licensed content, which means that you do not have to worry about any intellectual property or name and likeness concerns, or any training data issues.
- End-to-end solution: Its tool helps you brainstorm, refine, and create with pre-shot content, elevating your projects with depth, diversity, and superior quality.
- Stability that scales: The tool is powered by NVIDIA’s proven computing infrastructure, which provides speed and stability to generate incredible visuals even at commercial scale.
- Compensates creators: It also compensates content creators for their contributions to train the AI model, supporting creators in producing top-tier pre-shot imagery for customers.
What are the Limitations and Challenges of using it?
Generative AI by Getty Images is not without its limitations and challenges. The Getty Images AI Image Generator is still under development. It may not always generate the perfect image, and it is important to be patient and experiment. Some of these are:
- Ethical concerns: This tool raises ethical questions about how generative AI can shape perceptions and opinions. We must address challenges like preventing disinformation, misuse, and protecting individuals’ privacy and dignity in the generated images.
- Creative constraints: The tool poses challenges when customers want to create images outside Getty Images’ library, such as generating images of public figures without permission, imitating living artists without rights, or producing entirely original, uninfluenced content.
- Quality issues: Quality issues in the tool can affect image usability and appeal. Customers may seek ways to maintain realism, coherence, and consistency with their text prompts, while avoiding blurriness or distortion.
ImgCreator AI is a free AI image generator that creates stunning and realistic images from text descriptions. It is easy to use and requires no prior design experience. If you want to know more about ImgCreator AI: Free AI Image Generator by ZMO checkout this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generative AI by Getty Images is a new tool that lets customers create images from text prompts using Getty Images’ library of licensed photos. The tool is powered by NVIDIA Picasso, a custom machine learning model that uses generative adversarial networks to create images from text prompts.
The tool offers several benefits for customers who need to create visuals for their projects, such as commercial safety, end-to-end solution, stability that scales, and compensation for creators. However, the tool also has some limitations and challenges, such as ethical concerns, creative constraints, and quality issues.