iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are the latest flagship models from Apple, featuring a new design, a powerful A17 chip, and a stunning display. But one of the most noticeable changes is the replacement of the mute switch with a new Action Button.
The Action Button is a small clickable button above the volume buttons, placed in the exact same position as the mute switch on non-Pro models and older iPhones. You can also customize Action Button. In this article, we will show you how to customize Action Button on your iPhone 15 Pro, so you can make the most of this handy feature.
What is the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro?
The iPhone 15 Pro models have a small button called the Action Button. It’s located right above the volume buttons, in the same spot where the mute switch is on older iPhones and non-Pro models. By default, it’s used to mute or unmute your phone, like the mute switch.
How to customize Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro?
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max.
- Scroll down until you see the option for the Action Button and tap on it.
- You’ll enter a unique settings page designed just for the Action Button. It looks different from regular settings pages on your iPhone.
Now, to pick what you want the Action Button to do, all you have to do is swipe left or right. As you do that, the name and picture of the actions will pop up on your screen to help you choose. You don’t need to tap any “Done” or “Okay” buttons to confirm your choice. Just swipe to the function you want, and you’re good to go with the new action.
Customize Action Button Functions
- Focus: Activate or deactivate Focus mode (which is similar to Do Not Disturb).
- Camera: Take a photo (the default), a selfie, video, portrait, or portrait selfie.
- Flashlight: This is the default action for the Action Button, Turn the flashlight on or off.
- Voice Memos: Start or stop recording a voice memo with the Voice Memos app.
- Magnifier: Use the iPhone’s camera as a magnifying glass to zoom in on small text or objects.
- Shortcuts: Open your favorite app or run a shortcut from the Shortcuts app, such as sending a message, playing music, or controlling smart home devices.
- Accessibility: Access various settings for vision, motor functions, hearing, and general accessibility.
- Silent Mode: Toggle silent mode on or off to mute or unmute the ringer and alerts.
- No Action: Choose this if you prefer not to assign any function to the Action Button.
How to use the Action Button
- Single press or press and hold the action button to perform assigned functions, like camera modes.
- Double-tap or triple-tap for different actions via Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap.
- Combine action button with volume buttons for tasks like taking photos or recording videos.
- Use the action button with Siri for voice commands, e.g., “Hey Siri, action button camera.”
Recently, some iOS users have encountered issues with FaceTime’s reaction effects. If you’re experiencing problems with FaceTime reaction effects not functioning as expected, here’s a guide on How to fix FaceTime reaction effects not working on iOS 17.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro is a new and innovative feature that allows you to perform various functions with a press and hold gesture. You can customize action button to suit your needs and preferences, choose from a list of predefined actions, we hope you enjoyed this article on how to customize Action Button on your iPhone 15 Pro.