Snapchat is one of the most popular social media apps in the world, with over 300 million daily active users. Snapchat lets you send fleeting photos and videos, chat with friends, and view their stories. Its charm lies in using emojis to symbolize your friendship levels with others, making it a unique and enjoyable experience.
This article will provide insights into the significance of the yellow heart on Snapchat, its acquisition, importance, and the process to customize it. Additionally, we’ll offer a concise overview of the various emojis found on Snapchat and their corresponding meanings.
What is Snapchat Emojis?
Snapchat uses emojis to represent user relationships, conveying emotions, objects, or symbols. These icons, seen next to friends’ names on the Friends screen, signal interaction frequency, friendship duration, and snap content. Each Snapchat emoji signifies friendship depth, with more interaction unlocking additional emojis.
Yellow heart on snapchat change with your activity. If you stop snapping with someone, emojis may disappear or change. More snaps mean upgraded emojis. Users customize these emojis to their taste, picking from options in settings or turning the feature off if preferred.
What is the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat?
The yellow heart emoji (uD83DuDC9B) on Snapchat is one of the most coveted emojis among users. It means that you and another user are best friends on Snapchat. This means that you send the most snaps to each other out of all your friends, and they do the same to you. You have a strong bond and a close connection with this person.
The yellow heart on snapchat is not easy to get. It requires consistent and frequent snapping between two users for at least seven days in a row. If either of you misses a day or snaps someone else more than each other, the yellow heart on snapchat will disappear or change to a different one.
How to Get the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat?
To get the yellow heart emoji on Snapchat, you need to exchange snaps with a friend more than any other person on the app. You both have to send snaps to each other regularly, and not just text. The more snaps you send to each other, the faster you will get the yellow heart emoji. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Start a streak with daily snaps. A streak happens when both users send snaps for consecutive days. The fire emoji and number on the Friends screen show its duration.
- Share engaging, meaningful, and fun snaps. Avoid the mundane, let your personality shine, and spark a lively conversation to get replies.
- Respond promptly and consistently to their snaps. Show your interest by avoiding delays, and don’t hesitate to send multiple snaps if needed.
- Enhance snaps with Snapchat’s creative toolkit: filters for style, emoji stickers for fun, text captions for context, and animated lenses for captivating effects.
- Utilize various communication modes yellow heart on snapchat. Beyond photo and video sharing, engage with friends through chat, voice notes, video calls, and live streams.
Why is the Yellow Heart on Important?
The yellow heart emoji on Snapchat is important because it shows that you and another user have a special friendship on the app. It means that you value each other’s snaps and enjoy each other’s company. It also means that you trust each other and share personal or intimate details with each other.
The yellow heart emoji in Snapchat holds meaning, affecting mood and self-esteem.Indiana University finds happiness tied to more app best friends, with losing them causing negative emotions. Cornell University shows that having more Snapchat best friends leads to conformity and increased sharing with close pals.
How to Keep the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat?
To keep the yellow heart emoji on Snapchat, you need to continue sending snaps to your friend more than any other person on the app. You both have to send snaps to each other regularly, and not just text. Use Snapchat Lenses and filters. Lenses and filters can make your snaps more fun and interesting. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Maintain your best friend connection – snap daily, even more if possible. Keep that streak alive, and your emoji won’t budge. Show you value them, and they remain your top priority.
- Stay loyal to your bestie; snapping others more means losing the yellow heart on snapchat. Keep your friend as the top priority, and don’t let anyone replace them.
- Never underestimate your best friend. Don’t assume they’ll always be available or snap back. Value their snaps and friendship; show gratitude and offer compliments occasionally.
- Keep your best friend engaged. Avoid repetitive snaps to maintain their interest. Surprise them with variety and novelty in your snaps. Keep them curious and entertained.
How to Change the Yellow Heart Emoji on Snapchat?
To change the yellow heart emoji on Snapchat, you can use the Customize Friend Emojis feature. This allows you to change the emojis that represent your different relationships with your friend’s yellow heart on snapchat. If you want to change the yellow heart on Snapchat, you have two options:
- Customize your Snapchat best friend emoji in settings under “Manage” in “Additional Services.” Choose from options like a red heart, pink heart, smiley face, or sunglasses face.
- Remove emojis from your friends’ names in Snapchat by going to settings, clicking “Manage” under “Additional Services,” and turning off “Show Friend Emojis” in the “Friend Emojis” menu.
What are the Other Snapchat Emojis and Their Meanings?
The yellow heart emoji is not the only emoji on Snapchat. There are many other emojis that have different meanings and indicate different friendship levels with other users. Here is a brief summary of some of the most common Snapchat emojis and their meanings:
- Gold Star: This means that someone has replayed one of your snaps in the past 24 hours. This shows that they liked your snap so much that they wanted to see it again.
- Baby: This means that you just became friends with someone on Snapchat. This shows that you are new to each other and have just started snapping.
- Face With Sunglasses: This means that you and another user share a close friend on Snapchat. This shows that you have a mutual connection with someone else who is also your friend.
- Grimacing Face: You and another user share the same top best friend on Snapchat, indicating you both snap them the most. This might create an interesting or competitive dynamic.
- Smiling Face: This means that you are one of their best friends, but not their #1 best friend. This shows that they snap you a lot, but not as much as their #1 best friend.
- Fire: This means that you have a streak with someone on Snapchat. This shows that you and another user have snapped each other at least once a day for several days in a row.
- Hundred: This means that you have a 100-day streak with someone on Snapchat. This shows that you and another user have snapped each other at least once a day for 100 days in a row.
- Hourglass:Your Snapchat streak is on the verge of vanishing, signaling a lapse in communication. Snap your friend promptly to revive the streak or watch it fade away.
- Birthday Cake: This means that it is someone’s birthday today. This shows that you can send them a special birthday snap or wish them a happy birthday.
The Red Heart on Snapchat is one of the most coveted emojis, and for good reason. It means that you and your bestie have been sending each other the most snaps for two weeks straight. If you want to know more How to Get a Red Heart on Snapchat checkout this article.
Frequently Asked Questions
Snapchat is a unique app for fleeting photo and video chats. Emojis are the key to showing friendship levels, with the coveted yellow heart symbolizing best friends. Snap daily for a week to earn it, and keep it by staying active. Customize or disable emojis as needed; many others convey different friendship statuses.
We hope this article has helped you understand what the yellow heart on Snapchat means, how to get it, why it is important, and how to change it. We also hope you have learned more about the other Snapchat emojis and their meanings. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy snapping!