Microsoft has recently announced a major update for its artificial intelligence (AI) companion, Microsoft Copilot. Copilot is a new paradigm of AI that enables humans and machines to collaborate and learn from each other. It works alongside popular Microsoft 365 apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and more.
Copilot provides real-time intelligent assistance, enabling users to enhance their creativity, productivity, and skills. In this article, we will explore what is Microsoft Copilot, why it is important to update it, how to update it, and what are the top 10 features expected in the latest Copilot update.
What is Microsoft Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot is designed as your everyday Artificial Intelligence companion. It combines the power of large language models (LLMs) with your organization’s data and your ongoing PC activities to provide assistance while prioritizing your privacy and security.
Copilot can understand natural language queries and commands, generate relevant content and suggestions, summarize information from various sources, and help you complete tasks faster and easier. You can interact with Copilot using voice or text, depending on your preference and context.
Copilot is not just a passive tool that responds to your requests. Microsoft Copilot is also an active learner that adapts to your preferences, feedback, and goals. It can also proactively offer insights and recommendations based on your data and behavior.
Why is it Important to Update Copilot?
Microsoft is constantly improving and expanding the capabilities of Copilot to make it more useful and powerful for users. By updating Copilot, you can access the latest features, enhancements, bug fixes, and security patches that Microsoft has released.
Updating Copilot can also help you optimize its performance and compatibility with other Microsoft 365 apps and services. You can also benefit from the new integrations and partnerships that Microsoft has established with other platforms and providers.
How to Update Copilot?
To update Copilot, you need to have Windows 11 version 22H2 or later installed on your device. You can check your Windows version by going to Settings > System > About. If you have an older version, you can update it by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking on Check for updates.
If you already have Windows 11 version 22H2 or later, you can enable Copilot by going to the taskbar and clicking on the Copilot icon. If you don’t see the icon, you can right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings. Then, under Taskbar items, turn on the toggle for Copilot.
You can also access Copilot by pressing the Win+C keyboard shortcut. Copilot will start rolling out as part of a free update to Windows 11 on September 26, 2023. This update will introduce over 150 new features, including enhancements to apps such as Paint, Photos, Snipping Tool, and Notepad.
You can learn more about How to Activate Microsoft Copilot in Your Microsoft 365 Apps? Experience on our blog, where we offer helpful guides and tutorials for users of all levels. Don’t miss this opportunity to enhance your search experience with How to Activate Microsoft Copilot in Your Microsoft 365 Apps?
Top 10 Features Expected in the Latest Microsoft copilot Update
1. Windows Copilot, which is currently in preview, makes it easier for you to complete tasks quickly and reduces the mental effort required. It simplifies tasks that used to be complicated. You can access Copilot conveniently from the taskbar or by using the Win+C keyboard shortcut. It provides assistance alongside all your apps.
2. The Paint application in Windows has undergone some significant upgrades, making it a more powerful tool for artistic expression and digital creativity. These improvements have been made possible through the integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology.
3. Photos app has also been enhanced with AI features to simplify photo editing. With Background Blur, you can easily make the subject of your photo stand out by automatically highlighting it and blurring the background with a single click. It also improved search capabilities, allowing you to find photos based on their content and location.
4. Snipping Tool now offers more options for capturing content from your screen. You can extract specific text from an image and paste it into another application, or you can protect sensitive information by using text redaction. It now supports audio and microphone capture, making it easier to create videos and content from your screen.
5. Clipchamp, the video editing tool, has undergone a transformation, and it’s now armed with an impressive feature known as “auto compose.” This feature is like having a helpful assistant by your side when you’re crafting and refining your videos. It’s a valuable tool for anyone who wants to make their videos stand out.
6. Notepad will automatically save your session state, allowing you to close it without interruptions and pick up where you left off when you return. It will also restore previously open tabs and unsaved content. With these enhancements, your work in Notepad becomes even more seamless.
7. The new Outlook for Windows lets you manage various email accounts (such as Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, etc.) in one app. Outlook provides intelligent tools for writing clear emails and easily attaching documents and photos from OneDrive. It also equips you with smart and intuitive tools to compose emails with clarity and efficiency.
8. The File Explorer has been modernized with improvements to the home screen, address bar, and search box, making it easier to access important content, stay updated on file activity, and collaborate without opening files. It also introduces a new Gallery feature for easier access to your photo collection.
9. Narrator, the built-in screen reader in Windows, now comes with natural voices. This means that when Narrator reads text or provides information about what’s happening on your screen, it does so in a more lifelike and human-like manner. This feature opens up new possibilities for people with different abilities to interact with their computer.
10. Windows Backup has been upgraded to make the process of switching to a new Windows 11 PC a breeze. It does this by smoothly transferring your files, applications, and preferences to your new computer, ensuring that everything is set up just the way you prefer it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Microsoft Copilot is a new feature that will be available in Windows 11 as part of a free update on September 26, 2023. Microsoft copilot is an AI-powered assistant that can help users with various tasks, such as writing code, creating graphics, editing photos, and more.